Join us and help provide valuable conservation information on waterbirds and shorebirds in the Richardson Bay Audubon Sanctuary waters and in San Pablo Bay.
We are looking for experienced birders to help with identification and counting, but non-experienced volunteers can assist with scribing.
Richardson Bay Waterbird Surveys
- We are looking for experienced birders to help with twice-monthly waterbird surveys between October and March.
- If you would like to volunteer, please email our Conservation Program Manager, Julia Kelly, to be added to the Waterbird Volunteer list.
- Below are the survey dates. We will meet in the Blue Classroom at the Richardson Bay Audubon Center and Sanctuary located at 376 Greenwood Beach Rd. Tiburon, CA 94920. You will see our big yellow office building near the steep driveway, before you get to the gravel parking area. Go down the steps and into the corridor with the display case on your right. Just after the display case is the Blue Classroom. The door will be open and our staff will be there to greet you with further instructions. PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME or a few minutes early!
Waterbird Survey 2017-2018 Dates
Tuesday, October 10th, 9:30 am
Friday, October 20th, 8:45 am
Wednesday, November 8th, 9:15 am
Tuesday, November 21st, 8:45 am
Thursday, December 7th, 9:15 am
Wednesday, December 20th, 8:45 am
Friday, January 5th, 9:00 am
Monday, January 22nd, 9:30 am
Saturday, February 3rd 9:15 am
Tuesday, February 20th, 10:30 am
Sunday, March 4th, 9:30 am
Saturday, March 31st, 9:15 am
Shorebird surveys—we are looking for experienced birders to help with regular shorebird surveys for the Aramburu Island Enhancement Project. Email Julia Kelly if you are interested in helping with shorebird surveys.
- Lead weekly bird walks on the Sanctuary trails (weekdays and weekends).
- Educate visitors about upland and water birds on site using scopes on Lyford Porch and overlook.
Please contact Julia Kelly for more information regarding surveys. firstname.lastname@example.org, or 415-388-2524 x101.