Visit us on January 21, 2017 for the Waterbird Festival! REGISTRATION COMING SOON.
Celebrate scaups, scoters, cormorants and more! Visit Richardson Bay Audubon Center & Sanctuary for naturalist-led bird walks, exclusive field trips, and fun bird-themed activities. Bring a pair of binoculars or use our spotting scopes to see the waterbirds that call Richardson Bay home.
These are just some of the things that are planned:
- Gull Identification Workshop with Peter Pyle;
- John Muir 'Jack' Laws sketching class
- Rich Cimino's Birding Basics
- Bird walks on Audubon Center grounds and Blackie's Pasture
- Offsite field trips with Bay Area Audubon chapters.
- Bay boat trip
- Kayak & paddleboard trip on Richardson Bay/Aramburu Isle
- Exhibit of Audubon Magazine's 2016 Photography Award winners
- Expert speakers
- Food trucks
Check back often for festival updates and registration.