Visit us on February 6th, 2016 for the Waterbird Festival! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
Celebrate scaups, scoters, cormorants and more! Visit Richardson Bay Audubon Center & Sanctuary for naturalist-led bird walks, exclusive field trips, and fun bird-themed activities. Bring a pair of binoculars or use our spotting scopes to see the waterbirds that call Richardson Bay home.
These are just some of the things that are planned:
- Gull Identification Workshop with Peter Pyle;
- Judy Irving (Director of Pelican Dreams and The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill)
- John Muir 'Jack' Laws sketching class
- Bird walk with Len Blumin (Blackie's Pasture area)
- Rich Cimino's Birding Basics
- Bird walks on Audubon Center grounds
- Bay boat trip on the Blue Runner
- SeaTrek kayak trip on Richardson Bay
- BYO kayak/SUP trip to Aramburu Island
- Exhibit of Audubon Magazine's 2015 Photography Award winners
- Expert speakers
- Offsite field trips with Bay Area Audubon chapters.
- Food trucks
Check back often for festival updates. See schedule link below.
Generous support for the 2016 Waterbird Festival provided by: